If you search the internet, you will find countless urinary tract infection home remedies. The difficulty lies in telling which ones are effective and which ones are not. The treatments that are effective are the ones that allow your body to heal itself by killing and flushing the infection-causing E. coli bacteria in the urinary tract.
Before discussing three of the most effective UTI remedies (urinary tract infection), it is important to understand why you should not rely on antibiotics for a urinary infection cure.
The Truth about UTI Treatment Antibiotics
Antibiotics have become too commonly prescribed. While it is true that they do have a necessary place in modern medicine, too many doctors prescribe antibiotics for minor infections that the body should be able of fighting off on its own.
In fact, there are many physicians who believe the overuse of antibiotics is actually causing more harm than good. The leading theory behind the development of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) points the finger directly at overuse of antibiotics and antibacterial soaps and hand cleaners. These products state that they kill 99.9% of infection-causing agents. However, the remaining 0.1% is allowed to flourish, becoming something that antibiotics cannot contend with.
If you rely on antibiotics as a urinary infection cure, there is a 25% chance you will develop a repeat urinary infection within a few weeks.
The reason behind this is two-fold. First, antibiotics kill all the bacteria in your body both the harmful AND the beneficial bacteria. When the beneficial bacteria are killed, your body is left open to attack by the more opportunistic bacteria that are left behind. Secondly, the remaining bacteria are what survived the initial course of antibiotics, meaning that simply taking the same medication again will not work.
This is why more and more people are switching from pharmaceuticals to urinary tract infection home remedies every day.
3 Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies
1. Cranberry juice is a very effective natural UTI remedy. Cranberries contain a compound that forces the bacteria to release from the urinary lining, making it easier to flush the bacteria from the body. If you dont like cranberry juice, you can get the same benefit from taking cranberry tablets.
2. You need to strengthen you immune system by taking a vitamin C supplement. By adding 3,000mg of vitamin C to your daily routine, you can help end your urinary infection quickly. Also, adding a zinc supplement will help your body absorb the vitamin C more efficiently.
3. Certain herbal remedies, such as alfalfa, are an excellent natural UTI treatment. Alfalfa will help improve the function of your kidneys, making it easier for your body to flush any impurities. Alfalfa juice can be obtained at your local health food store.Read More →